Remember a few years back when those “25 things about me” lists were going around? I found mine. It makes me laugh. I thought I’d post it on here and update it to see how much life has changed since then..
1. Josh and I have been married 10 years this April. We have been together since our Junior year in High school.
19 years this April! Boy, Josh is getting old! 🙂
2. I am a certified scuba diver.
Haven’t been back in the water since I was a junior in high school. Honestly, it totally freaks me out. I hate being totally out of control of whether I live or die… 🙂
3. I once ran out of air 70 feet below the surface of the Caribbean Sea.
This could be a part of the reason that was my last dive 🙂
4. When I was in junior high, I burnt my nose with a marshmallow that I was roasting…
Not one of my proudest moments, but one of my best memories…
5. I graduated from nursing school in 2004 with honors.
I haven’t practiced since 2007. Sometimes I miss it, but life has changed so much since then. And so has medicine. 🙂
6. My first son, Ashton was 11 pounds and 5 ounces at birth. He was 23 1/4″ long and the Drs “had no idea he was going to be so large”….
I remind Ashton of this every time he starts acting like a pain. He thinks it’s funny. I can’t believe that I had more children after this. 🙂
7. I despise seafood. I will not eat anything that lives in the water or a ditch, or anything that is in the same shape dead as it was when it was alive (shrimp, crawfish, etc).
My dad says I must be the milk man’s child because our family is SO cajun. They all love ditch critters and anything you have to pick apart to eat…
8. I was a MAJOR tomboy growing up. I used to chase my sisters with garder snakes and break the heads off their barbies and hide them.
I know this sounds weird, but I’m sure glad I did this. My sisters deserved it. They didn’t like me much growing up. I mean, one of them broke my arm for talking to her boyfriend!!! J/K
9. God saved me in January of 2007. Before that I claimed to be a Christian, because I thought I was better than most. There was no fruit of repentance and I was so lost.
I am in awe of the growth I have experienced since I wrote this. I have grown in ways I didn’t even realize I needed to. And I’m still struggling in so many others. I need to have “work in progress” tattooed on my forehead.
10. I’ve been bitten by a frozen, dead dog….
Not much to add to this one. Hasn’t happened again, tho. 🙂
11. I lived on St. Charles Ave in New Orleans (with Josh) when I was 18.
Yes, Josh and I lived together before we were married. At the time, we thought it was great. Our views have changed on this subject, and we hope our children follow our advice instead of our example…If they ever find out 🙂
12. I love the Anne of Green Gables series, but it annoys me how overly dramatic she is about EVERYTHING!
I still watch it, and it still annoys me. I may have a daughter that might give Anne a run for her money…
13. I once saved a litter of kittens by scraping their frozen bodies off the porch with a spatula and putting them in front of a heater while I went to school. All alive and accounted for when I got home.
I was pretty proud of this when I was younger. I’ve done A LOT of disgusting things since then. Frozen kittens pale in comparison to what you experience with 6 boys. They are just gross..
14. I was a vet tech for 5 years before becoming an RN.
Yep. And to be honest, I prefer working with animals over people. Animals just bite you if they get mad. And they don’t complain.
15. I totaled my Dad’s Jeep when I was 17, out driving with some friends, alone, at night… Yeah, I know..
Making a mental note never to let my kids read my blog…
16. I hate anything licorice. Especially black jellybeans!
Still hate them. Can’t even smell it without getting sick..
17. I used to rehabilitate rattlesnakes when I lived in Southern CA.
I can honestly say, as I have aged, that this is one of the strangest things I have done. Haven’t done it since tho…
18. I am married to the most interesting man in the world. He a Marine, pilot, scuba diver, expert rifleman, and half of the places he’s been too, I’m not even allowed to know about.
Still true! He’s the total package! Love my husband so much! He has stopped traveling the world and now works much closer to home. He comes home every night now, and I try to never take that for granted.
19. I am obsessive about germs and washing my hands. I know, I know, most of you already know this.
I wish this wasn’t true still. But I actually think it’s gotten worse. Now my kids are germophobes.. Yet, they’re still gross.
20. I’ve only been spanked once in my life, and it wasn’t even my fault… 🙂
I was just talking to my Dad about this the other day. He now admits my innocence 🙂
21. When I was little, I used to lie about cleaning my room, and then I would tell on myself. I know, how did I only get one spanking?
My room is still dirty. It’s just that now I don’t get in trouble for it. I really try to keep it clean. I blame Josh. It’s easier that way.
22. I hate needles. I cannot stand to be stuck. Pricking my finger is not going to happen. That is the worst. I won’t give blood because they have to prick my finger first. (They won’t just take the whole lot and then test it. They just have to be difficult). 🙂
Still true. Although, after having 7 children, I can proudly say I no longer cry when having blood drawn. I still don’t like it, but I’ve matured, and at least I don’t almost pass out anymore.
23. I love being a mom, and I hope I am pregnant with twins. After having one set, it just seems like such a waste of space to do one at a time… 🙂
This is a hard one. I’m just going to say that I am so grateful for the children I have, and the order and quantity that the Lord gave them to me in..
24. In the last nine years I’ve owned dogs, cats, birds, a ferret and a ball python. I drove across country, from CA to North Carolina, with Spike the python in a pillow case next to me on the seat of my Mitsubishi Eclipse. I currently have NO pets.
We now have 3 cats, 2 dogs, 12 chickens and 19 chicks. I obviously did not learn my lesson. I have however, been healed from the desire to own a reptile at all in any form. I’m not scared of snakes, but I do not want them in my house for any reason at all. AT ALL..
25. I am 28 years old, but I often forget or confuse my age. Sometimes I add a year or subtract one, which is embarrasing because I was born in 1980, and should be able to remember…
Oh, to be in my twenties again… Nah, I wouldn’t trade it. I’ve learned and grown a lot in the last ten years. I would like to have the energy of my twenties again. That would be nice… And yes, I still forget my age. I expect it will only get worse from here.